Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Biscuit Love

I admit, I was the teary one at the airport yesterday.

Sending Biscuit home was tough--a great compliment to her parents. She is one saucy Biscuit--always with an opinion, making good decisions, soaking up every word her sisters say.

I should start a blog called "Out of the Mouth of the Biscuit."

While swimming, she said, "Aunt Laura, you can still pull off cleavage."

At dinner, the waiter asked if she was celebrating a birthday also. The Biscuit replied, "I am celebrating second birthday," gently giving her big sister the spotlight.

Sitting on my lap in the airport, she reflected on her two weeks in Houston. "I'm really going to miss my sisters. I have gotten attached to them this vacation."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm the teary one reading your beautiful post Laura. The Biscuit has landed safe and sound but a little part of her is still with her sisters and Aunt & Uncle. I think it's fair to say that her perfect world would be having the Lensgrafs and hills (ATL Hill's included) next door (with the pool of course) and her parents making mojitos in the background.

I can honestly say that you and Dan have been the absolute best parental and family role models for us and we reflect on all the times in ATL, St. Louie, and Houston with a smile.

as always thanks a ton.

K,D,& E