Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Lilly and the Bug



Dear Stockton,

Happy 4th of July! I am having a great time watching the man of the house make bbq ribs. It's funny--all three kitties are in the kitchen watching him, too. I think everyone must be hungry this rainy holiday morning. There is a shortage of cat food at the hotel Za Za. SSShhh. Don't tell anyone I have been stealing little nips and bits throughout the day...

Yesterday, I had an encounter with a huge bug. I was outside in the backyard, near that huge bathtub. I started stalking a water bug. Now the lady of the hotel says that the bug is really a roach. But I figure we were near the water, so I'll call it a water bug. I think water bug is more PC than roach, anyway. (that comment is for your bro...I hope he is lol).

I was stalking the water bug and all of a sudden, it jumped at me. I jumped a mile high and ran..that bug scared me so bad. Then I realized that I am 5,000 times bigger than the bug...I guess I am just a scaredy cat...



I also checked out the bathtub at the hotel Za Za. You see, my favorite white plastic ball rolled into the water. I hesitated, but then stepped in. I had to retreive my ball! Suddenly, I walked to far and went under. Whew. I gulped down some water, but managed to find the step again. Alas, I was on firm ground yet all wet. It was fun! Now, each time when I go outside, I look at that step and am tempted to jump right in...Maybe you can go swimming with me when you're back home???

Speaking of home, you have been gone a long time. I am ready for you to come home. The lady at the hotel says she is going to give me a bath Saturday morning. I'll be smelling sweet when I get back to my Alabama house. I just can't wait!!! Hurry home. Hurry home!

Send everyone a hello and HAPPY 4th of JULY!

Miss Lilly

No comments: