Friday, June 22, 2007

Lilly the Bird Hunter

Dear Stockton,

Hello from Houston! How is your vacation? I hope you are having fun. Make sure you are being extra nice to your big brother.

My vacation is going great. You would not believe the cats at this hotel. One is named Pickles. One time, I crept around the corner and scared the livin' day lights out of him! His fur puffed up like a porcupine! Then he tried to jump from one counter top to the other, but fell half way. He plopped down on the floor and ran off. It was so funny.

Then there is Pig, this weird orange cat that goes inside and outside without a leash? I can't believe they let that cat out the door? Where does she go? Anyway, Pig is not very friendly. She puts her nose in the air and starts to hisssss when I walk into the room. Lately, Pig has been hiding. I think she is on top of the washing machine, but I can't see that far up. I am too short.

There is another cat named Boots. If you will excuse my description...but she is just hu-mon-gous. She is the fattest cat I have ever seen. I don't mean a little fat--her stomach hangs down to the ground when she walks. It is disgusting, if I do say so. I can't believe a cat would let herself go like that? She needs to go to the cat spa and get a make-over! Anyway, I have see this huge, fat specimen of a cat only once...I think she took one look at me and hid. I bet she hasn't eaten (which might be a good thing). Maybe she is on the Lilly-Diet!!

The backyard at my vacation home is quite swanky. There is a huge water bowl full of water. Each time I go outside, I walk up and look in the water. I keep hoping to see a fish. I kind of want to go swimming, but I thought I would wait for you and see if you wanted to go with me! Just let me know.

In the backyard, I found the most awesome thing--a dead bird! I am not sure how long the bird has been dead, quite a while, I think. But I picked up that bird and pranced around the yard pretending I was the "Great Lilly Hunter" who had killed a bird. It felt AWESOME!

Something else I do is really a secret. I sneak upstairs and steal beanie babies from this basket. I bring them downstairs and hopes that no one notices. They are like my little babies...so far, I have four beanie babies downstairs (but shhhhhh, don't tell the lady at the hotel...) shhhhhh. It's a secret.

One final though about my great vacation. I get to sleep in this great big white fluffy bed. This bed is so huge, I can't jump up on it--but the nice people I am staying with lift me up. (You know that trick I do? Where I cry and cry and cry until I get what I want? Well, it works with these people too!) Anyway, this bed is most soft. I stretch out nice and long and sleep all through the night. Last night, Pickles and I had a sleep-over. Pickles drew a line down the center of the bed and then claimed one side; I got the other. But I didn't mind. That bed is much better than my old crate. I hope I get to sleep in the bed when I get back to my house...

Stockton, it is time for me to go eat some cat food. I am having a great time on vacation, but I really miss you and Marshall.

Love from Miss Lilly

No comments: